1st be a man of Virtue. 2nd be a man of skill. If you are not a man of virtues, you will have no one to show your skills off to.
41. “All men are timid on entering any fight. Whether it is the first or the last fight, all of us are timid. Cowards are those who let their timidity get the better of their manhood.” – General George S. Patton
343. Always raise the toilet seat whilst doing your business and ALWAYS put it back down when finished. And please…flush afterwards. The ladies will respect you immensely for this.
932. “No success can compensate for failure in the home.” — David O. McKay
1517. In the army we used to get punished for leaving equipment on the ground. At the very least you had to put gear on a regulation blanket or on some kind of tarp. Respect your equipment. It is what keeps you alive.
1117. You do not have to be stressed out in order to be working hard.
1448. Three simple rules to live by:
1. Look good.
2. Always know where you’re going.
3. If you get lost, or don’t know where you’re going, revert back to rule #1.
1733. “The whole work of man really seems to consist in nothing but proving to himself every minute that he is a man and not a piano-key.” -Fyodor Dostoevsky
2020. “Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and, however early a man’s training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly.” -T.X. Huxley
2062. “Don’t hesitate. When the time comes, just act!” -Wolf O’Donnell